Friday 12 October 2012

"They Labelled my son a thief to kill him" - Chidiaka's Father


Mr. Steven Biringa, father of Chidiaka, on of the slain Uniport Students had insisted that his son was labelled a thief by his assailants so that they could kill him.
According to Mr. Biringa, his son had a good upbringing, and Chiadiaka was always content with what he had and would only plead with his parents to get what he needed.

Click below to read more


He said, “I have always said that if you have seen me, you have seen my child. My child was full of humility. The issue of stealing or being an armed robber is unimaginable. He is dead and would not be here to defend himself.

“They (slain students) were supposed to be trained to take charge when we leave the stage. So why would somebody get up one day and give them a bad name and kill them? It’s just like giving a dog a bad name in order to kill it.

“It is not just killing the young men, but the manner which they did it is more annoying. I know my son will die one day just like you and I, but why now and why should it be in the most unacceptable form?

“I don’t see Chiadika going to pick somebody’s thing. It is unfortunate that he is being labelled a thief or an armed robber or whatever name they must have given to him.

“But I know that till tomorrow, if I meet him after this planet earth, I am sure he would remain what he has always been. Chiadika is never a thief and will never be a thief.”

Biringa appealed to government to allow the law to take its cause in the matter.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian Bar Association on Thursday demanded the prosecution of those behind the killing of students of the Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa State and University of Port Harcourt.

NBA President, Mr. Emeka Wali, made the demands at a press conference in Abuj

No comments: